Sunday, August 12, 2007

Where's yer mum?

The G and I were at a beach in Hong Kong one lovely Sunday afternoon. He was in the water attempting yet again to communicate with the local kids (after 6 years, I had yet to see one of these interactions go well but at least they weren't chasing him down the beach calling him a white ghost...yet?) and I was just far enough away to see them but couldn't really hear what they were saying.

What I could see was that the G kept lifting his hands up to his chest and making motions like he was indicating breasts and then pointing at me. I thought that was pretty odd, so when he got out of the water, I asked him what was going on. He harumphed a little, clearly pissed off about the interaction, and then:

G: They wanted to know where my Mom was.
BG: Didn't you just point at me?
G: Yeah, but they said you were a MAN!
BG: What, did they not notice that I was in a bikini?
G: I know! I even said you had TITS! But they wouldn't believe you were a woman!
BG: But couldn't they..?
G: I know! It's obvious you're a GIRL! What MOH-RONS!

I still think it's funny that these kids thought it was odder to see a bald woman in a bikini than a bald man in one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story. I offered to shave my head recently but Shirley was against the idea. I can't remember why I suggested it but it must have seemed like a good idea at the time.

-Andrew